The town of Castletownbere is Ireland’s biggest white fish port so it is a bustling town with plenty of opportunities for eating and drinking.
In the surrounding area it is very easy to visit, Dursey and Bere Island, the beaches of Garnish and Allihies. The colourful village of Eyeries as well as Adrigole, the Healy Pass, Lauragh and Ardgroom.
A wonderful base to visit the stunning Beara Peninsula by car, motorbike, cycle or on foot.
This list is far from exhaustive
- Road trip around the Beara Peninsula
- Visit Bere Island
- Visit Dursey Island and Ireland’s only Cable Car
- Garnish Beaches
- Allihies, Beach, Village and Copper Mines
- Eyeries, Colorful Village and Coastal Walk
- Ardgroom, around the old Beara Way
- Lauragh, Dereen Gardens
- Healy Pass
- Adrigole, harbour and seals
- Golf at Castletownbere
- Boat trips
- Rib Trips to the Bull Rock from Garnish Beach
- Kayak Rental in Adrigole
- Glengarriff with Garnish Island, The Ewe Experience, Bamboo Park and Nature Reserve
- Walk the Beara Way
- and more besides